How to manage your budget using ziplock
Budget, correct me if I’m wrong but this is our daily struggle, right moms? Yes, I feel you but did you know that you can properly manage your daily, weekly and monthly savings and expenses using ziplock?
One thing I’ve learned with my boss was how to properly manage my salary and make a budget on my daily expenses. I’ve looked up to her as she was able to track down even the smallest amount she spent. Will share with you below one of the tricks she does to keep a budget on track.
What is a ziplock?
Ziplock is a re-usable zipper storage plastic bag. It comes in different sizes for use with different products.
Budget wise using envelope method or ziplock
Below are the steps I make to use ziplock in managing our daily expenses which you could too!
- Collect ziplock – you can use used ziplock bags from the packaging of your favorite product. To make it more customized and on the same size, you can purchase a pack of it at your nearest grocery store or even online.
- Label each ziplock – make it organized by labeling each ziplock by category on which you are going to spend it (example: electricity bill, internet bill, credit card bill and so on).
- Put that cash – on payday, ensure to put the budgeted amount on each ziplock, this way you can easily track the expenses incurred and the savings you’ve collected.
- Spend and track – now its time to use up the budget you have set-up. Take and spend the money to pay your monthly utility bills. For your labeled “savings”, ensure to deposit the amount you’ve kept on your personal bank account.
- Repeat step 1 – Do this process every pay period and for sure you won’t bother paying those utility bills in time.
There are other ways on how you could set-up your budget. You can either place it in an envelope or in a customized packaging (just make sure you’ll have it labeled).
Keeping your budget on track will definitely ease your daily life. It will also improve your skills in managing your allowances and other expenses. Using a method on how you can properly handle it is still upon your choice. But if you’ve chosen the above practice I make sure you’ll be 99.9% worry-free on your upcoming utility bills payment!