photo credit to Gingerbread house Ph
Sweet adventure at Gingerbread house
Dreaming of a candy land adventure? Ever wanted a sweet escapade out of the city?
Before Valentine seasons end, my husband and I planned a day tour with the whole family on a colorful and oh so sweet candy place called Ginger Bread House.
Gingerbread house is located on a hidden village of Amadeo Cavite, somewhat forest-like location. You’ll appreciate this place if you want a moment to escape from the city rush.
We got the idea that the kids might enjoy the place with my sister. She with her husband and kid was able to visit the gingerbread house during their weekend motorbike ride.
As expected, we’re amazed by the colorful sweet candy treat images painted around the entrance gate and almost around the area.
So here’s our tour begin. Imagine you and your kids join us on this day tour.
What to expect
After paying for an entrance fee, we’ll pass on a trail full of big candy cane and lollipop images. At the end of the trail, we’ll be welcomed by a wishing well (hey, don’t forget to toss a coin and make a wish).
What will capture your attention here is figuratively the big gingerbread house painted with loads of sweet candy treats, lollipop and sugar coat.
In the center of the house is a café, where they serve a different variety of pastries, hot and cold drinks, and other snacks.
At the right side of the cafe is a candy buffet with lots of sweets to choose from. Kids will definitely tempt to buy these goodies (who wouldn’t).
While on the left side of the cafe was a huge huggable teddy bear. My son could barely carry the excitement he has as he jumped over the big bear, a happiness worth of shot indeed.
They have this fish spa area. Where you can dip your feet on the mini pool and let the small little fish massage your feet (actually they eat those dead skin on your feet). My mother in law really enjoys this spot.
You and the kids, of course, will also enjoy the scenery outside the gingerbread house. A lot of colorful little candy houses scattered around the area.
My son had enjoyed running around, playing with the swings, slides and go inside and out of the mini candy-colored little houses.
In addition, they also have this mini museum which of my favorite. Inside the museum is a village of miniature gingerbread houses and mini candy trains. It’s dim lighted with cutout stars hanging above. You’ll feel like you’re little kid riding the trains and gazing those stars.
Post you may also like: Glimpse at Girasole Sunflower Farm
Other highlights within the gingerbread house are:
- Mini play place – a small pavilion with a fun activity for kids such as trampoline and electric rides (unfortunately it’s not functioning during the time we got there.)
- Food carts – Kids will definitely get hungry roaming around, good to know that they have an on the go foods like hotdogs, popcorn and fruit shakes.
- Gingerbread package – decorate your own gingerbread house for Php350 per kit and a gingerbread cookie for Php200.
- Gift Shop – A small boutique located in front of the exit door of the gingerbread house, you can shop for some memorabilia and other candy-like gift items to resemble your sweet memory here.
- Photo booth frame – it’s all around the area from small to large size (bet you’ll pose on one of those if you’re on Instagram).
Gingerbread house location:
Brgy Palumlum, Alfonso, Cavite
How to get to gingerbread house:
With car – waze or google map is the best app to depend on (this applies with us).
Commute – From Manila, ride a bus bound to Nasugbo Batangas, stop point at barangay Upli. Ride a tricycle and tell the driver to bring you to Gingerbread house (source: pinayontheroad.com)
Things to take note:
- The place is open from Monday to Sunday (8:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Entrance fee is Php50 per person
- Kids below 2 feet are free from the entrance fee
- Make sure to bring water for kids (to get them hydrated after playing)
To sum up, Gingerbread house or GBH is a place where you can unleash the child in you. With its colorful and endearing decoration, kids will enjoy the place. Therefore, this place is recommended not only for a child and youngster but also for adults with a young heart. Satisfy your sweet tooth.