What to do with collected coins
Today, I’ve made a simple do it yourself project with collected coins gather through changes from our grocery purchase and from vehicle fare. I plan to add this up on our allotted church offering for this week mass.
My husband and I usually have our offering every time we visit our church because we believe that we are just administrator of whatever we have right now. God, on the other hand, is still the owner of these.
And that we must give back a portion of our possession to him, this serves as a way of simply thanking him for all the blessings he brings.
To make it more personal I simply cover the bottle with a balloon. Curious how I did it? Follow below.
Balloon (any color)
White hard paper
Collected coins in a bottle
How to cover the bottle with a balloon:
- First, blow up the balloon
- Then turn the bottle with collected coins upside down
- Put the ballon at the bottom of the bottle and slowly release the air until it covers the whole bottle
- Write a simple message or note in a piece of hard paper using colored pens
- Creatively cut the note to for a tag design
- Put the string on the tag and attached on the bottle cap
There you go, I now have a simple present (using a balloon to cover the bottle with collected coins) crafted with love to the lord up above.
I really want my son to march this and handover to our parish priest but since they are still on a vacation at the province, hubby and I will probably do the handover.
Remember the Apostle Paul taught that how we give is as important as what we give. He said,
“Let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).